Monday 22 March 2010

Boats in basements

Boats.
Basements.
Journeys.

I'm trying to blog without sounding angry. It is hard. The internet was clearly made for people to post blogs cause no one wants to here them complain about stuff.

OK I went to a basement exhibition which I hear is all the rage at the moment, people doing it left right and centre.

I'm just going to sum up cause... i don't want to write crap. OK. The piece was about fictional characters that go on big romantic journeys or quests which eventually come to nothing so the artist built a boat in his basement and spent 24hours in it. I like the concept to a certain extent, i felt like it was possibly missing something but of further reflection this probabally adds to the concept. The exhbition space was a tad small for a piece of this size, if there was one person there it would have been fine but it makes for an awkward opening night. I'm sure people got over it with wine though.

bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment