Monday 1 March 2010

Mittens and Ears

Hello blogosphere its been a while..... because I'm a failasaurus, however I have bits and bobs to quickly mention! Over reading week I went to the theatre to see 'Dancing at Lughnasa' in Birmingham, i had initially planned to see what was up at the Ikon gallery HOWEVER the 40min journey to Birmingham somehow managed to take 2 and a half hours so I had to go straight to the Ikon gallery cafe for food (with strange array of people, most of which I didn't know).
THE PLAY was really nice, more atmospheric than plot driven and was quite sad at times, but it was good- one of the characters were a little ambiguous but on the whole it was good.

I have been a little art deprived of late however I got myself back on the horse (so to speak) by going to Beth's opening at the place she has a studio. It was really interesting to see a show put together by people in not and ENTIRELY different place than me. There was quite a mix of people that showed up to see the work, a lot of the time you can go to an opening and you know that people can TELL you're the token students, so it was a more relaxed atmosphere. There was quite a diverse mix of work there, some interesting life drawing with stitching and some pattern work. It was good to see Beth's work, obviously I've seen it up until now and know what she's been thinking and doing as it was stuff she had been working on for this project- it's exciting that her work it showable at this stage (if I were told to show stuff from this project I'd pretty much just have a pile of crap... with my name next to it) and also exciting that it's at a stage with loads of possibilities.

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes you just have to sort out what you already have and under all the 'tranculments' you might find gold. Reorganise your own working space sometimes just to freshen things up a bit.

    ReplyDelete